Following the Prime Minister's announcement of new and enhanced social distance measures to slow the spread of COVID-19, Lithgow Council's services and facilities will be further impacted.
Council's community halls are now closed and forward bookings will not be taken for the next six months. Council had already taken action to cancel current hall bookings.
Any customers who have made hall bookings online will be refunded to the credit/debit card provided. Other hall booking payments will be refunded by EFT or cheque.
Council's community halls include the Civic Ballroom, Crystal Theatre, Union Theatre, Vale of Clwydd Hall, Meadow Flat Hall and Hermitage Hall.
Council's sporting fields are already closed for organised sporting events.
The following Council facilities will be closed effective from 11.59pm, March 25 in accordance with the extended restrictions and Council's response to social distancing guidelines:
- Council's sports grounds will be closed for social sporting-based activities
- The Blast Furnace Park site will be closed with the addition of historic sites to the closed venues list.
- Lake Wallace campground will be closed for overnight camping effective from March 26. Overnight stays and camping at any other sites is also not permitted.
- Caravan parks and Lake Lyell Recreation Park remain open at present.
READ MORE: Let us know youre Open for Business
The following facilities were closed last week and will now remain closed until further notice:
- All libraries
- JM Robson Aquatic Centre
- Eskbank House Museum
- Lithgow Visitor Information Centre
Council will cease to offer face-to-face Customer Service at the Lithgow Service Centre from March 25.
Customers can continue to contact Council by telephone or email and can also complete an online enquiry form from Council's website. Development applications can be lodged by email.
Based on advice from the State and Federal government, Council will update its COVID-19 response should the situation change.
Want to keep up to date with Lithgow news? Sign up to our newsletter and breaking news alerts here