Some iconic Lithgow locations will feature in the shortlisted finalists of Lithgow Halloween festival's very first short film competition.
The competition, which drew more than 480 entries internationally, has been cut down to 13 finalists, which will be screened at the Halloween festival on Saturday.
Organiser, Lithgow City Council's Robbie Park, said he was overwhelmed by the number of entries.
"Originally, we were thinking 30 would be great," he said.
Get a sneak peek at the finalists in this trailer, released at the Halloween festival's official launch on Wednesday, October 23.
The film competition is being run in conjunction with SF3 Smartfone Flickfest.
"It's amazing to see the production quality - a great short film can be made using a mobile phone."
Lithgow tourism officer Simon Francis said it was hoped this year's event would continue the steady growth the festival has enjoyed over its seven years.
He said the event had been embraced by Cosplay enthusiasts, which added to the popularity of the event.
"I think this will be the biggest Halloween event we've ever had, I can't wait to see the vibrancy of the Main Street."
Lithgow mayor Cr Ray Thompson welcomed the expansion of this year's event to include three stages, more than 60 stalls and more business involvement.
Love local news? Subscribe for as little as $2 a week. Find out how here.