An inspection has been carried out at a Ganbenang home following issues raised by neighbours about a large dwelling being built on the property.
The five-storey house, approved by Lithgow City Council in 2015, is still under construction and was the subject of a Sunday Telegraph article this week.
The article raised concerns from neighbours about its size and scale, large crosses erected at the site, and its possible future uses.
Lithgow City Council general manager Graeme Faulkner and other senior staff members were invited to inspect the property by the property's owner.
"Council staff were satisfied that building under construction is to be a residential premises with no evidence of it being used or configured for any other purpose," a statement released from the Lithgow City Council on Tuesday, April 16 said.
"It is clear that whilst substantial progress has been made on the dwelling, the development which includes landscaping is not complete. It will be the responsibility of the Private Certifier who issued the Construction Certificate to ensure the development complies with all conditions of consent prior to the issue of a final Occupation Certificate."
Council staff addressed issues raised with security at the site. Council stated it had been informed that there had been "numerous" incidents of vandalism at the construction site.
"The video footage clearly showed full details of the offenders and hopefully the owner will refer those matters accordingly," council's statement said.