Landholders have been invited to a Q&A session with Central Tablelands Local Land Services at Rydal on June 18 from 3pm-5pm.
Manager of biosecurity and emergency services Clare Hamilton said the session would cover emergency management, pests and weeds, livestock and pasture services, with plenty of question time.
Ms Hamilton said she would cover emergency management, pest and weed management, and livestock and pasture services, with plenty of time allocated for questions.
“We want to touch base with farmers in our region especially during the tough time they’re going through at the moment. We’ve been running a lot of drought meetings so we felt it would be good to put on a session that was open to other topics too,” Ms Hamilton said.
She said Central Tablelands Local Land Services worked closely with the NSW Farmers Association as a stakeholder and had received some feedback which prompted the idea of theroadshow.
“NSW Farmers often pass on valuable feedback they’re hearing from farmers so we’re keen to run sessions like these so landholders can ask questions directly and we can clarify anything they need,” Ms Hamilton said.
“We know landholders in different areas within our regions may have different needs especially during a time like drought, or when an emergency occurs, so we aim to be proactive about talking with them about how we can help.”
Meetings will be held at:
- Mudgee - Monday, June 18: 8am - 10am, CWA Hall, 48 Market St Mudgee - Breakfast provided.
- Rydal - Monday, June 18: 3pm - 5pm, Rydal Showground, Market St, Rydal - Afternoon tea provided.
- Bathurst - Tuesday, June 19: 5pm – 7pm, RSL Club, 114 Rankin St, Bathurst - Light supper provided.
- Orange - Wednesday, June 20: 5pm - 7pm, Canobolas Dance Hall, Canobolas Rd, Canobolas - Light supper provided.
- Canowindra - Thursday 21 June: 5pm-7pm, Services and Citizens Club, 93 Gaskill St, Canowindra - Light supper provided.
- Cowra - Friday 22 June: 7:30am - 9:30am, Cowra Agricultural Research & Advisory Station, 296 Binni Creek Rd - Breakfast provided.
Please RSVP for catering as food and refreshments will be provided. RSVP on the Central Tablelands Local Land Services Facebook page or at www.centraltablelands.lls.nsw.gov.au