- Lithgow set to benefit from $1.7 million in community funding
- State grants: $1.7m and projects a-plenty
Lithgow City Council applied for a host of grants from the NSW Government on Wednesday afternoon.
General Manager Graeme Faulkner said it was an “absolutely extraordinary effort” to complete all the submissions by deadline.
Here are the projects council would like to undertake with the help of funding from the NSW government.
Stronger Country Communities Fund
- Establishment of an adventure playground at Endeavour Park
- Lithgow City Tennis Club improvements
- Landscaping, footpaths and cycle-ways at Farmers Creek
- Lithgow Basketball Stadium improvements
Regional Cultural Fund
- Union Theatre improvements
- Blast Furnace renovations
Resources for Regions Fund
- Lithgow CBD Revitalisation stage two
Community Building Partnership Fund
- Expansion of CCTV coverage in Lithgow
- Girl Guides hall improvements
- Establishment of public toilets in Rydal
Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund
- Lithgow City Council will apply for funding for an upgraded grandstand at Wallerawang Sportsground.
More details to come.