Do you have some spare time?
Running Streams BlazeAid is in urgent need of more volunteers to help rebuild more than 50 kilometres of fencing following the Gospers Mountain Bushfire.
BlazeAid has been blessed this year with with an influx of volunteers from our international backpacker travellers.
However, they are currently very low in volunteer numbers and are in desperate need of help from local residents.
"If you are fit, healthy and looking to help out farmers and property owners that have lost fencing due the fires, please contact us and join our team," Running Stream Camp Coordinator Andy Welch said.
"I guarantee an amazing, life-changing experience where you are able to see some amazing countryside whilst helping people that are extremely worthy and grateful of our help."
Mr Welch said even if it was for a few days or a few weeks everyone was welcome.
"We have a great little camp with accommodation available along with powered sites for caravans and campers," he said.
As of Sunday, October 11 the camp has seen over 168 volunteers.
Some other statistics include:
- Total Meals to Date: 3,653 meals
- BlazeAid Money Spent Locally: $85,228
- Burnt Fences Cleared: 30.98 km's
- New Fences Built: 30.56 km's
- Star Pickets Installed: 7,640
- Value of Work to Date: $237,420
- Properties Registered: 52
- Properties Started: 14
- Properties Completed: 5
- Percent of Properties Started: 27 %
- Percent of Properties Completed: 10 %
- Total Kilometres of Fencing Remaining: 46.9 km's
- Total Volunteers to Date: 168
- Total Volunteer Days:1,218 days
- Total Volunteer Hours: 7,914 hours
- Average Age of Volunteers: 51
- Total Volunteers in Camp: 7
- International Rock Stars in Camp: 4
If you would like to join the camp you can contact Andy Welch on 0432798359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribing means more than just website access. Read the print paper online, enter giveaways and more for just $2 a week, cheaper than a coffee. What are you waiting for?