Lithgow's Operation Christmas Child shoe box packing is set to recommence after months of Covid-lockdown.
During lockdown volunteers knitted, sewed and created items ready for their first get together on Monday, July 27.
The packing will take place from 10.30am at Lithgow Baptist Church, located on the corner of the Great Western Highway, Lee Street.
Covid-safe policies will be in place to ensure the safety of all volunteers.
Last year Operation Christmas Child Lithgow heard back from the Philippines where some boxes were picked up.
"They brought joy to many as we share God's love with them," a volunteer said.
Volunteers have urged people to donate items for the shoe boxes for age group 2 to 4 year-olds, 5 to 9 year-olds and 10 to14 year-olds for boys and girls.
Items for packing include:
- Something to love; soft toy, doll.
- Something to play with; ball, rope, puppets, marbles, musical instrument
- Something to wear; t-shirt, shorts, skirt, beanie, cap, sandles
- Something for hygiene; soap, washer, toothbrush, hair items
- Something for school; book, coloured pencils, chalk, pencil case
- Something special; bag, jewellery, craft, personal note, photo
Operation Christmas Child are always looking for more help.
For more information contact Kerry and Val Morris on 0406 241 616 or email email@example.com
Want to keep up to date with Lithgow news? Sign up to our newsletter and breaking news alerts here