Unless anything changes in the next month, the Western Premier League may not lose any games ahead of its start on Saturday, April 18.
Football Federation Australia announced on Tuesday afternoon that all grassroots competitions and training would be suspended until April 14 due to the threat of coronavirus.
That means unless the suspended is extended, the revived WPL - which hasn't been contested since 2012 - will be able to start its season uninterpreted.
While games won't be affected, Panorama president Beau Yates said it's still frustrating that pre-season has been affected.
"Let's hope it's only going to be a few weeks off, well we're sort of praying that it'll be just a month or so," he said.
"It's pretty disappointing to be honest."
While Yates understands that the suspension was required for the health and safety for everyone involved in the sport, it has affected the work that has gone into reviving the competition.
"We haven't really stopped [working to organise the WPL] since the end of last year," he said.
"We've worked really hard to get it off the ground and it was going so well. There's just not much you can do about it now."
The suspension has affected the Western NSW Football Challenge Cup though, a pre-season tournament that was to be held in Bathurst on March 28-29.