Round four of the Terry Longdon Memorial Trophy was played on Tuesday, February 4.
The winners at the Workies Club were Strikers and Helmets while at Club Lithgow the winner was Pockets.
Strikers versus Red Sox at Lithgow Workies:
- S Middleton (90) defeated J Stait (38)
- T Gaynor (78) defeated C Baker (71)
- B Bonus (70) defeated G Connors (36)
- P Kerr (69) defeated J Lyons (56)
- G Willoughby (83) defeated P Warner (57)
- R Core (71) defeated S Davidson (58)
The aggregate winning team was Strikers giving them a close 4-3 win over Red Sox.
Of the 12 players in the two teams there were seven players playing off high minus handicaps.
Thus showing the strength of the players in both teams.
S Middleton from Strikers put in a complete reversal of his game last week with a good win over a top player in J Stait.
Players of the match were R Core and T Gaynor.
High breaks went to G Willoughby (20), P Warner (27), P Kerr (24), C Baker (22) and S Middleton (41).
Helmets versus Miscues at Lithgow Workies:
- B Nightingale (80) defeated R Farnsworth (35)
- D Thurlow (83) defeated D Goodwin (13)
- I Miles (69) defeated M Tattersall (57)
- J Martin (64) defeated D Stait (43)
- B Bradley (95) defeated K Slavin (32)
- D McBey (76) defeated C Tattersall (44)
The aggregate winning team Helmets, winning 5-2.
D Thurlow continues to play very good snooker.
Players of the match were B Bradley and J Martin.
In the high breaks M Tattersall scored a 40 break but lost the game to I miles. It is rare to see a player score a 40 break and get beaten.
Other high breaks went to I Miles (18) and B Bradley (16).
Jiggers versus Pockets at Club Lithgow:
- R Bender (46) defeated D Adams (32)
- G Sutton (50) defeated S Eagle (39)
- B Preston (77) defeated D Ford (52)
- W Lewis (70) defeated R Thurlow (37)
- D Barrington (68) defeated L Russ (46)
- T Lewis (48) defeated A Whitworth (32)
Pockets won the aggregate by one point giving them a 4-3 win.
Players of the match were R Bender and W Lewis.
The aggregate was the difference of one point showing how close the teams were.
High breaks went to T Lewis (18), D Barrington (14-13), R Bender (13), L Rust (11), W Lewis (11-12) and G Sutton (11).
Draw for Tuesday, February 11:
Games to be played at Lithgow Workies Club
Strikers v Jiggers
- Helmets v Red Sox
- Tall Timbers v Pockets
- Miscues have the bye. No games to be played at Club Lithgow this round.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox from the Lithgow Mercury. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.