A shed burned down on Magpie Hollow Road, South Bowenfels in the early hours of Monday morning, September 16.
Fire and Rescue NSW and Rural Fire Service crews attended the blaze, which occurred just after midnight.
The shed was fully involved when the crews arrived and completely burned down.
The fire was contained to the shed area only. It is not known how the blaze started or what was contained within the shed.
Warning on ashes
Chifley-Lithgow Rural Fire Control Centre has urged people to be particularly careful of the way in which they dispose of hot ashes after two fires on the weekend.
Both fires, one in Tarana and one in Bathurst, were suspected to have been started by the disposal of hot ash on the ground outside without the precaution of pouring water onto it afterwards.
There is currently a warning of high fire danger within the Lithgow area and residents are urged to be cautious in the very dry and windy conditions.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox from the Lithgow Mercury. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.