Video conferencing technology has been introduced at Lithgow TAFE to allow students to access new courses.
Among the new courses being accessed are business administration, hospitality and individual support (ageing).
The change means that, where historically some courses may not have progressed due to low class sizes, they are able to go ahead through the TAFE Western Connect program, which operates throughout the region.
"What is so exciting about these courses is they are responsive, focused on job readiness and tailored to industry needs to ensure that our students have the right skills for the career they want," NSW TAFE deputy regional general manager Adam Bennett said.
Courses available at TAFE NSW Lithgow:
- Statement of Attainment in MYOB Essentials Pack
- Certificate III in Education Support
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Statement of Attainment in Food Safety Supervision
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Certificate III in Tourism
- Certificate III in Workplace, Health and Safety