It was a huge weekend of touch football at Saville Park in Portland on February 2 and 3 as teams contested the annual Nick Way Memorial event.
It was a huge roll up, with 17 teams taking part for the 13th year of the event.
“We always get good community support,” Nick’s brother Josh, one of the event’s organisers, said.
“It’s an awesome event and we want to keep seeing it every year.”
The Nick Way Memorial Trophy, presented to the player who showed the best spirit over the two days, went to the A Team’s Tabitha Neville.
“The trophy goes, not necessarily to the best player, but to the person playing in the spirit of the game, in that happy go lucky way, enjoying it in the way Nick enjoyed it,” Josh said.
The event is also a fundraiser for the community. This year the cause receiving donations was the Wallnuts.
The barbecue was run by the Simon Williams Charity.
- E grade grand final: A team vs Mad Dogs, A team won 7-5.
- D grade grand final: Nick Offs vs Lithgow Bears, Nick Offs won 7-2
- C grade grand final: Tagquila Shots vs Touch Me If You Can. Touch won 6-2
- B grade grand final: Bin Chickens vs Dream Team. Bin Chickens won 6-1
- A grade grand final: Mudgee Mudcrabs vs Lithgow Storm. Mudgee Mudcrabs won 6-1