The Workies Women’s Bowls Club recently held their annual presentation day with club patron Hazel Johnson as special guest.
Players were welcomed by president Lesley Townsend and the secretary Paula McGaulley.
The major award for singles this year was won by Lesley Townsend with runner-up Judy Kennedy.
A beautiful new shield was donated and presented by Deidre Stubbs to the winner of this event.
Another prestigious award, donated by Beryl and George Evans, was the minor singles which was won this year by Wendy Constable with Kay Adams the runner-up.
Workies club has had a bumper year inducing winning the Western Division Pennants.
The club was also victorious at the western division and zone triples with the team of Cheryl Schram, Ellen Staines and Deidre Stubbs.
Schram also captured the Western division singles title.
Workies Women’s Bowls Club 2017 Champions
- Major singles: Lesley Townsend, runner-up Judy Kennedy
- Minor singles: Wendy Constable, runner-up Kay Adams
- Pairs: Deidre Stubbs and Judy Kennedy, runners-up Noela Williams and Ruth Harries
- Triples: Barbara Watters, Ruth Harries and Beryl Evans, runners-up Deidre Stubbs, Lyn Green and Cynthia Thornton
- Fours: Paula McGaulley, Dawn Frazer, Noela Williams and Ruth Harries, runners-up Gail Coates, Margaret Thwaites, Deidre Stubbs and Cheryl Schram
- Consistency: Judy Kennedy, runner-up Ruth Harries
- Selected pairs: Cynthia Thornton and Sue Metcalf, runners-up Lesley Townsend and Wendy Constable
- Consolation pairs: Dianne Crook and Lyn Green