An emotional morning of achievements and awards were presented from the past six years of schooling as we farewelled Year 12 during their Graduation Ceremony.
The day recognises the outstanding effort students have achieved during the HSC year.
The School auditorium was filled with parents, grandparents and friends.
All attending were extremely proud of the high standard of recipients that took out a wide array of prestigious, academic, sporting and cultural awards.
First in Year 12 was awarded to Samuel Gray, Dux is the highest average marks of all subjects combined during Year 12.
Mrs Caro, Principal, congratulated Sam on receiving the Dux Award Sponsored by Thales Australia.
To achieve first in Year 12 is a reflection of Sam’s consistent work ethic throughout his time at Lithgow High School, he is an outstanding hard working dedicated student who fully deserves to be recognised.
Sam was also presented with prestigious Caltex Best All-Rounder, in recognition his excellence in academic, leadership, sporting and community service activities along with the Pierre De Coubertin Award.
Kaitlyn Trounce and Hannah Smith accepted the Centennial Coal awards for 2nd and 3rd highest average marks overall during Year 12.
The LJ Hooker Award Faculty Awards were presented to:
- Daniel Riecken– Mathematics
- Samuel Gray – Science
- Samuel Gray – English
- Samuel Gray – HSIE
- Izaac VAN DER VELDEN – TAS
- Kaitlyn Trounce – CAPA
- Amy Muir – PDHPE
- Joshua Constable – Support
Mrs Alexander Year 12 Adviser would like to personally congratulate Year 12 on their achievements especially those who received a special award and the students who achieved academic excellence.
Their consistent hard work and classroom performances have been rewarded with this recognition.
To all of Year 12, we wish you the greatest success in your HSC and whatever path you choose into the future. It has been a pleasure to see you grow into the mature young adults you are today, you will be missed by all.
Other outstanding awards included:
- Sarah Dawson and Rhianna Hampton De Vries – Phil Duncan Scholarship Awards. This is an annual scholarship given by ex-student of Lithgow High School Mr Phil Duncan, to “kick start” two students into the new chapter of their lives. Mr Phil Duncan generously donates a monetary scholarship every year.
- Ayla Shaw – University of Notre Dame Australia Award for Outstanding Achievement in Science.
- Tayla Hewitt and Steven Young – Westfund Outstanding Improvement Award
- Rhianna Hampton De Vries – Inzitari Family Zig Zag Motel Award – Business
- Erin Cowie – Inzitari Family Zig Zag Motel Award – Hospitality
- Sarah Adnum and Mitchell Brain – Citizenship Award sponsored by EnergyAustralia for outstanding Student Leadership and commitment to our school.
- Grace Horton – Lithgow Aged Care Nursing Scholarship
- Amy Muir – Australian Defence Force Award for Teamwork and Leadership
- Arie Zuanic – Reuben F. Scarf Award for Commitment to studies
- Kirrily Beutel – Lithgow High School P & C Encouragement Award for her strong focus and commitment to her studies
- Eli George – Most Outstanding Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Student
- Kaitlyn Trounce – Lithgow Musical Award for Excellence in the Performing Arts
- Erin Cowie – Jessica Dean Memorial Trophy – Sportswoman of the Year Award.
- Kobe Hunter – Doug Moffit Memorial Trophy - Sportsman of the Year
- Jake Lewis – Helen Frith for consistent effort in sport
- Tayla Lloyd – NSW Premiers Sporting Challenge for consistent effort in sport.
Lithgow High School would like to wish all Year 12 students the very best in their HSC exams and for their future endeavours.