It was tough going for Lithgow golfers with none of the field scoring over 39 points in the Stableford event.
The score of 39 points won all three grades with the rest of the field struggling on the quick and bumpy winter greens and damp fairways that offered no run.
In A grade the winner was Anthony Oldfield on 39 points from runner up Steve Hall on 38 points on a countback.
The best scratch score in this grade was returned by club champion Andrew Burton with a par round 72.
B grade was taken out by Gary Keen on 39 who also had the best scratch score with his 79.
Runner up was Chris Marjoram on 38.
The C grade winner was Dean Stafford also on 39 with the runner up was Al Mostyn on 38. Mostyn scored the best scratch score with 93.
Nearest the pin awards went to Troy Luka, Michael Bennett, Steve Hall, Dean Stafford and Ray Thompson.
Those to figure in the ball competition were Bill Oldfield, Michael Hunter, Johnathan Van Veen, Andrew Burton, Bob Charlton, Pat Wall, Dave Thompson, Paul Bailey, Mitch Luka and Dave Hicks. Balls cut out on 35 on a countback.
Wednesday 9 hole competition (June 14):
- Winner: Max Nightingale 27 points
- Runner up: John Chadwick 26 on a countback
- Third: Dave Duroux 26
- Ball comp: Michael Bennett, Tom Drury, Laura Northey, Les Barnes, Dave Dowler, Jeff Geddes and Don Lovett
- Nearest to the pins: Craig Pugsley and Tom Jennings
Friday nine hole comp (June 16):
- Winner: Dean Stafford 29 ocb
- Runner up: Chris Marjoram 29
- Ball winners: Jeff Geddes, Mike Saville, Don Farnsworth and Michael Bennett
- Nearest to the pins: Dean Stafford and Max Nightingale
- Saturday, June 24: Monthly medals sponsored by Ron Evans Painting
- Saturday, July 7: Winter Cup sponsored by Zig Zag Motel and thanks again goes to Michael Inzitari and family for their continued support.
- Congratulations: Lithgow golfers and friends would like to congratulate popular couple, club manager Henriette Pedersen and Ron Evans on their recent marriage.