Your new company
Based in the Melbourne's South-East, our client specialises in the manufacturing and fabrication of structural steel and general metal works. Our client takes pride in the quality and consistency of the steel they create and have several impressive contracts ahead. Due to extra work load they are looking to take on a Workshop Manager with a vast background in structural steel.
Your new role
An opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Manager who will take ownership of the day-to-day running of the workshop and will be responsible for the following:
- Determines work requirements and allocates duties to Structural Steel and Welding Trades based on priorities.
- Ensuring all workers maintain productivity and staying on delegated tasks
- Quality checks including pre-weld, pre surface treatment, post surface treatment
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Explains and enforces safety regulations.
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing deliveries, ensuring load lists are completed;
- Confers with Project Manager to coordinate activities with other organisational units and prioritising work product
- Working with Management to identify Human Resources issues such as performance management, training and development requirements,
What you'll need to succeed
- Cert 3 or 4 Engineering Fabrication
- Minimum 5+ years experience managing a team in a structural steel workshop
- Strong ability to MIG weld and fabricate structural steel in a workshop
- Extensive knowledge of the standard practices, materials, methods, and equipment of the structural steel industry, particularly in a workshop environment.
- Time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge and understanding of safe work practices, quality & OHS management systems
- Current drivers license
What you'll get in return
For your expertise and hard work, you will be rewarded with a generous salary package plus benefits as well as:
- Permanent position with a view of a long career and opportunity for career progression
- Work for a company where your hard work is appreciated and recognised
- Work for a company with notable and high-profile clientele
- A fun culture with a ‘work hard play hard’ motto
- Fantastic retention within the business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to this e-mail Matthew.David@hays.com.au or call me now for a confidential conversation about opportunities on 0490 432 863.
LHS 297508 #2639796