· Do you love tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology?
· Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges?
· Can you do it at pace and at scale?
· Do you love to continually learn new skills?
· Are you comfortable working in a dynamic ever-evolving technology space?
As a Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s web services for small and medium business (SMB) customers.
Key job responsibilities
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success of customer adoption of AWS solutions. You will develop broad knowledge across the AWS technology portfolio and a strong understanding of how applications and services are constructed. You will develop in areas of deep expertise and engage with internal teams to scale your activities and thought leadership to many customers. You will be able to advise customers on how to optimise their AWS investments and articulate the business value of their decisions.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading teams at fast-moving companies within the tech industry; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel; as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
· Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
· Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (Delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners.)
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community
· Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
· Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems
· Work with internal teams to scale solutions and business workflows out to our customers.
· Become an AWS solution thought leader and champion for cloud adoption and migration.
A day in the life
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services, follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww
· Experience working on cloud solutions in a solutions architect (or technical presales) for cloud vendors.
· History of successfully working with account and sales teams in a customer facing role.
· Track record of being able to strongly articulate business value from technical solutions.
· AWS Associate Solution Architect Certificate preferred. - Experience architecting/designing solutions built on cloud ideal but not required (AWS, Azure, GCP).