Role: Senior Educator
Centre: Goodstart Drayton
Employment Type: Full-Time - 38 hours
Are you a Senior Educator who is passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As a Senior Educator, your responsibilities include leading and mentoring your room team to develop and deliver high quality and inclusive play based educational programs aligning with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards. Working alongside our friendly and supportive Centre Leadership Team you observe, review and continuously improve the educational programs on offer to children ensuring the best outcomes.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Holding a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ACECQA recognised qualifications)
- Mentoring the assistant educators of the room to meet our quality principles of curriculum
- Willing to provide Immunisation Records for MMR and Whooping Cough
- Holding Current Working with Children's Check
- Available to work Flexible hours
What Goodstart can offer you
- Above Award rates
- Early learning and care discounts
- Flexible work options
- Health and wellbeing support – Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development days
- Plus great Goodstarter discounts on travel, technology, mobile, fuel and retail to save your money every day!
If you have previous experience as a Senior Educator or can demonstrate strong leadership skills and you have a willingness to learn and provide quality learning experience coupled with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all. #GSEducator