Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with a global exporting company to recruit a Senior Accountant in a temporary capacity.
Your new role
The Chief Accountant, under the direction of and reporting to the MEANZ Regional Financial Manager and working closely with the Head of Group Accounting and Consolidation, is responsible for the overall financial reporting process, Company-wide internal controls over financial accounting and reporting
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and co-ordinate monthly financial reports and half year/annual financial statements according to deadlines and requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Ensure balance sheet reviews and reconciliations are performed in a timely manner for all accounts.
- Managing the year-end audit, statutory accounts filings and corporation tax work for the different legal entities in cooperation with external auditors and tax advisors.
- Manage daily accounting activities (AP, AR and Cash Collection, FA, GL…) in a timely and accurate way and in compliance with internal control requirements
- Forecast and manage local treasury and liquidity in liaison with the Group team.
- Maintain and track intercompany transactions.
- Liaise and co-operate with colleagues, outside suppliers and specialists.
- Lead the accounting team, ensure the necessary training and development.
- Take part in Performance and Development reviews.
- Contribute to improve the financial understanding of the key nonfinancial management staff.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as directed by management.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated previous experience in an accountancy role.
- Sound technical accounting knowledge with the ability to question and interpret results and seek answers that appropriately justify results
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across all levels of business and demonstrate the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Highly developed and demonstrated analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to stakeholders
- Familiarity with taxes and audit processes.
- Experience in SAP ECC FICO ERP highly regarded
- Hyperion experience advantageous
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive rate of $60-$70 per hour plus super, full time hours and an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension. Flexible working arrangements may also be available.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For further information about this role, please contact:
Ryan Twose T: 03 5226 8000 E: Ryan.Twose@hays.com.au
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.
LHS 297508 #2640191