Hays is currently partnered with a government agency to recruit a Business Partner Payroll Systems and Services in a permanent capacity. A workplace where people matter, communities are connected, and the future is bright, this organisation offers a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen and enrich a diverse and growing community.
Your new role This role is a unique opportunity for an experienced payroll leader to drive process enhancements and performance at a growing community-focussed organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead payroll projects including the ongoing development and implementation of our new payroll system
- Coordinate the provision of reliable, accurate end-to-end payroll and remuneration related services
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on a range of payroll and remuneration matters
- Management and maintenance of the payroll system
- Interpret, apply and ensure compliance with applicable Enterprise Agreements, policy, legislation and other legal obligations
- Manage remuneration, benefits and rewards programs, cyclical activity and processes, and job evaluation and benchmarking
- Prepare meaningful workforce data and analysis to inform strategic priorities
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or economics would be beneficial
- Comprehensive knowledge and working experience of complex payroll operations with exposure to a diverse range of Enterprise Agreements and Awards, Superannuation (Defined Benefit Superannuation Scheme desirable), PAYG, Single Touch Payroll, WorkCover and Salary Packaging processes
- Advanced IT skills with experience in the use of HR/Payroll Systems (Aurion desirable) including coordination and support of system upgrades and development, maintenance of backed operations and report generation.
- Well-developed data analysis skills, an inquisitive and inquiring mind, with a proven ability to aggregate and interpret data and information from a variety of sources and challenge the status quo as required
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to consistency and accuracy
- Collaborative team member who works extremely well in dedicated team environments
- Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and influencing skills, committed to customer service and business partnering
- Excellent time management skills, able to work to recurring and/or strict deadlines through prioritisation and control of workloads
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive annual salary of $85-$93k plus super, full time hour and an ongoing permanent contract. This position offers flexible working arrangements, generous leave entitlements and free onsite parking. What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV. For further information about this role, please contact:
Jackie Thompson T: 03 5226 8000 E: Jackie.Thompson@hays.com.au [mailto:Jackie.Thompson@hays.com.au]
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.
LHS 297508 #2647761