- Finance Business Partner opportunity
- Leadership role - providing expertise and support to key stakeholders
About Our Client
My client is a well-established & large organisation that provides industry leading and education and training services. The organisation is located the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for but no limited to:
- Ensure consistency with the Child Safe Standards and respond in accordance with Institute's policies and agreed practices
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Undertake financial analysis at Institute, Business Group and Business Area levels and provide advice and recommendations to Management Accountant, Finance General Manager and Chief Finance Officer.
- Provide financial analysis advice and regular reports to Executive and managers.
- Meet with directors and managers to provide advice on budget strategies to reduce expenditure or re-allocate costs correctly.
- Produce reports and analysis as required
- Provide evidence, interpreted data analysis.
Partner with Business Area Managers to develop Business Area Budgets and/or Analysis
- Collaborate with the Management Accountant, General Manager Financial Planning and Analytics and Chief Finance Officer to design, develop and implement the annual budget process and/or business analysis
- Contribute to the development of budget training and training materials. Provide all relevant staff with budget training and support during budget entry periods.
- Review and analyse the validity of budget assumptions and budgets completed by relevant staff during budget entry.
- Proactively engage and enquire information from Business Areas.
Coaching and Guiding to Ensure Compliance
- Provide guidance and advice to employees to ensure Chisholm complies with core Financial obligations policy and legislation.
- Ensure practices meet compliance requirements in area of accountability.
Financial Modelling (Costing/Pricing Products and Services)
- Assist with designing, developing and maintaining the Institute's costing models.
- Provide all relevant staff with training on how to use the costing model.
- Provide expert financial advice and input into business tendering processes and in the establishment of budgets for new business operations.
- Design financial models that support commercial business operations.
People and Team
- Maintain a safe, positive and productive work environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Promote the Vision and goals of the organisation both internally and externally, with professionalism and enthusiasm.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will meet the following:
- Degree qualified in accounting, business, commerce or related discipline and have substantial experience in finance related fields.
- CPA/CA or demonstration of study towards the distinction
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in partnering with a business to develop, review and analyse actual performance to budget.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake analysis of budget systems and an ability to develop practical solutions, reports, and identify emerging trends.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of commercial costing and pricing tools for products and services.
- Significant experience with complex business systems (e.g., Finance One); and advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- High level written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with people at levels of the Institute.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- High order organisational, analytical and problem solving skills allied to practical judgement.
Capacity to work as a team member or independently, to contribute to the development of department culture.
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will be offered a key financial based leadership role as Finance Business Partner at a well known and well established organisation. This is a permanent role that offers hybrid working from home arrangements for 2 days a week.