Locomotive Maintainer (Electrical & / OR Mechanical).
Our Valued Rail services client provides maintenance support to locomotives & wagons for multiple rail industry operators, together with external work including call-outs to equipment breakdowns, wagon and locomotive maintenance and repairs with over 40 employees.
In addition to routine servicing, provisioning and wagon periodic maintenance, core business also includes repairing locomotive faults, changing out core components such as traction motors, power assemblies, engines, compressors, alternators, main generators, wheel sets and installing new ICE radio equipment.
An opportunity exists for Electrical & Mechanical Fitters / Locomotive Maintainers to join their team on a Mon – Fri day shift based at their Lithgow, New South Wales maintenance facility.
Role Tasks & Duties:
The role includes but not limited to:
- Undertaking scheduled / reactive maintenance, warranty and ongoing technical support of diesel electric locomotives in both a front / back shop capacity to all rolling stock, wagons, plant & facilities as required.
- Completing troubleshooting, fault finding diagnostics and preventative maintenance principals to rolling stock.
- Ensuring that all tasks are performed in accordance with relevant maintenance documentation.
- Provide recommendations to management on methods and procedures with a view to more efficient operations of the facility and maintainability of rolling stock.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Australian Trade Diploma in either Electrical Fitting or Mechanical Fitter essential.
- Heavy industrial Fitters (Mining, Aviation, Naval, Earth / Mobile Plant & Bus industry) are eligible to apply.
- Previous experience on locomotives, freight maintenance or service activities highly desirable.
- Strong skill set and ability in PLC fault finding, diagnostics / trouble shooting & rectification advantageous.
- Must be able read, comprehend and apply technical drawings, high level of record keeping.
- Ability to proactively organise / prioritise work task in a professional efficient manner both in an autonomous and team workshop.
- High level communications and interpersonal skills.
- High level problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to further their knowledge and skills with additional training.
- Passing a pre-employment medical.
- Australian working rights.
- Driving License & own reliable transport essential.
What Is On Offer?
- $40 Per Hour with regular overtime available.
- Permanent Position.
- Immediate starts.
In return the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a great team environment at the organisations Lithgow rail maintenance centre.
If this role attracts your interest, we look forward to hearing from you so please apply now or email a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org