Learning Kids Montessori Lithgow Child Care Centre. The service is set in a beautiful location within Blue Mountains our local community of families. We are an established 45 place childcare centre in Lithgow which requires a dedicated and inspiring ECT and Room Leader. We believe that children should explore and learn in their own unique way, following the Montessori theory. We support parents and families to collaborate with our teams as part of a nurturing community. We are extremely passionate about early childhood education and care to provide an Early Childhood & Education Care Service that offers an environment which encourages children to learn at their own pace.
Our aim is to provide a haven for young children to grow and develop socially, emotionally, physically, and academically.We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced ECT, and Diploma qualified educators to join our team.
About the role;
· Facilitate the learning experiences for your classroom
· Be part of a collaborative teaching environment
· Maintain effective communication with the parents throughout the service
· Regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Montessori programs
· Create a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment
· Maintain positive working relationships with all team members
· Ensure a high level of health & safety standards are maintained at all times
Essential qualifications for the role;
· Degree or Diploma qualified (recognised by ACECQA)
· Current Working with Children’s Check · Current Child Protection Training
· A current first aid certificate & Current Asthma and Anaphylaxis training Essential attributes for the role;
· Experience in the administration of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, rating and assessment and national learning frameworks.
· Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to lead, coach and develop a highly functioning team of educators, coordinating initiatives that promote performance and a positive team culture.
· Ability to form and maintain professional relationships with families, children and other Educators
·A passion for working with local communities
· Excellent social and communicating skills, essential for mentoring and leading a professional team of experienced early childhood educators
· A passion for providing and maintaining a quality early childhood curriculum
· Enthusiastic, motivated, professional, flexible, and reliable
· You must be committed to your professional development (training programs, workshops and team networking are also provided.)
· Able to work in a passionate, committed and highly driven team of educators
· Knowledge and relevant skills in documenting children’s learning
· Ability to use Email, Word, PC and iPads