Role: Centre Cook
Centre: Goodstart Edgewater
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time - 25 hours a week - 8.30am - 1.30pm
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for a talented centre cook to join the team at Goodstart Edgewater, to plan and prepare a nutritious and exciting menu for the children attending the centre.
About Our Centre
- Goodstart Edgewater is a 57 Place Centre
- Exceeding Rating
- Family Orientated
- Well Resourced Centre
- We are ideally looking for a candidate who has a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Part Time (25 Hours Weekly, Monday to Friday)
- Must have experience with providing meals for children with allergies, cultural and special dietary requirement
- Have great time management skills, fast paced environment
- Support the health and wellbeing of the children through planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Prepare meals to meet the needs of children with special dietary requirements and allergies
- Order food supplies in consultation with centre director
- Ensure safe and hygienic storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks
- Work as part of a team to create a safe, caring and educational place for children
- Ability to create menus
- Generous culinary budgets
- Competitive award wages
- Supportive and friendly team
- Child care discounts
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Professional development
- Career pathways and opportunities
If you hold a Food Handling and Menu Planning certificate, and have experience cooking meals within an early learning centre or similar environment, then we’d love to meet you!
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are committed to child safety. We believe children have the right to be safe, happy and empowered. Our commitment is underpinned by Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team. #gsICS