Do you have a tale that chills, thrills and will make us a little scared to turn off the light at night?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
The Lithgow Mercury is running a ghost story creative writing competition in the lead-up to Halloween.
The competition is in conjunction with our new podcast series, ‘Haunted’, which features a new episode every week until Halloween.
For the final episode of the podcast, the winning entries of our ghost story writing competition will be read out.
There will be two categories: 13 to 18-years and 18+. Each category’s winner will receive a $100 cash prize, with a $50 prize for each runner-up.
Stories need to be 1000 words or less. Entries close on Friday, October 15 at 5pm.
Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the office on Main Street, Lithgow. Please Include your full name, address and contact details and date of birth on the document.
- Entrants must live within the Lithgow local government area.
- One winner and one runner-up will be awarded in each category. Winners will be contacted by phone.
- Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the Lithgow Mercury.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to allow the Lithgow Mercury and Fairfax Media to publish your story online on the Lithgow Mercury website, as part of the Haunted podcast, in full or in part in the print edition of the Lithgow Mercury.
- Fairfax Media reserves the right to reproduce the story for future publication across its mastheads, online and in print publications.