THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a warning for wild winds.
There is a chance of “damaging winds averaging 55 to 65km/h, with peak gusts in excess of 90km/h”.
The warning was issued at about 3.30pm and includes Lithgow and other parts of the Central West, as well as the Southern Tablelands, Snowy Mountains, Illawarra and South Coast.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least eight metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
This article first appeared on the Central Western Daily website.