The majestic Mayfield garden at Oberon will become a seductive backdrop to a major outdoor Autumnfest concert featuring James Reyne on April 30 as the gates open to the public every day of the year for the first time.
Reyne will perform within the 64-hectare European-inspired garden alongside Boom Crash Opera, Matt Boylan Smith and Smith and Jones, as the finale to the music, wine, food and craft beer festival.
The celebration of the flamboyant autumnal colours at Mayfield is part of a dynamic annual entertainment program just released and includes luxe food events, yoga retreats (May 5-7), glamorous public gatherings, foraging, corporate retreats, weddings, major outdoor performances, and food and garden workshops.
The performances will take place in front of the spectacular Obelisk and Pond, and visitors can enjoy the concert from within the Alle of London Plain Trees with a hand selected range of the finest local food and beverage from the Central West. Floating food options include Smoking Brothers catering, Al Dente street food from Bathurst, the Moubar Vintage 1950s bar and coffee caravan, Tommy's Mexican food, and Two Heads Brewery.
Mayfield CEO Hamish Keith, formerly an internationally and nationally award-winning event producer, has designed a diverse catalogue of activities taking the family-owned property from a garden to marvel, to a new level of visitor experiences.
“Mayfield is an incredibly versatile venue with the gardens as the backdrop for events including specialist themed workshops in foraging, cooking, art and yoga; corporate retreats, private parties, and elegant public celebrations,” Mr Keith said.
Access to the private residential garden is available during Mayfield’s seasonal celebrations. Every other day, the public can explore the magnificently curated garden’s visitor experiences and horticultural stories.
You can row across lakes and marvel at an 80-metre cascade, stroll through the stunning 6-acre Water Garden and the Grotto; there’s a dedicated English rose garden, palatial chook houses, a Walled Kitchen Garden and a Garden Centre.
Mayfield is also a food experience with its café and produce store with 80 per cent of its produce sourced from the grounds, and the remaining 20 per cent from the Oberon region.
Tickets to the James Reyne concert cost $85 per adult and $35 per child (includes garden entry).
For return bus transfer packages from Oberon, Bathurst, Orange, Lithgow and Katoomba visit: www.mayfieldgarden.com.au.