WELCOME to the Lithgow Garden Club’s Blog Site.
We hope you will spend a little time looking at our site and maybe it will encourage you to come along to our meetings where you will be made most welcome.
We are a friendly active club with over a 100 members.
Our motto is Friendship Through Gardens we are affiliated with Garden Clubs Australia.
- We meet in the Hoskins Church Hall Bridge Street Lithgow which nestles in Paul Sorrenson beautiful mature garden, on the first Monday of each month, 7pm in the summer months and 2pm in the winter months.
- Whether you have a small garden or a large garden, a few pot plants or just love gardens and gardening there is always something of interest for you in the club.
- As we live in the Central Tablelands of NSW there is an emphasis on cool climate gardening and plants.
- At each meeting we have a guest speaker. There is also a Trading Table from which you can purchase cuttings, potted plants and produce. Our meetings always finished with a cuppa where you can meet other ‘gardeners’.
- One the third Wednesday of each month we have A Garden Ramble, these can be far and wide and as varied as a Graham Ross’s Jaceranda Tour of Sydney Harbour to visiting local Garden Club Member’s Gardens and Nurseries. We also have longer trips away, last year we went by coach to the see the Hunter Valley Gardens and Camden Park House and the Gardens of Camden.
- A newsletter is issued monthly outlining forthcoming speakers and events, tours and garden rambles; our members also write for the newsletter.
You are most welcome to come along to any of our meetings as a guest, if you would like more information please contact:
President Janet Bender 63521492
Secretary Deirdre Culla 63512986
Treasurer Lillian Gummow 63514167 or